Hi there! First and foremost, thank you for being here.
If you're wondering if this is a resource for you, I hope you find that it is! Below I share some insight into who I think will benefit from the articles and recipes on my page. I also share a bit more about my background as a Registered Dietitian for those who are interested.
Who this page is for
This page is for you if you:
- Love trying new recipes that are nourishing, easy, and taste great!
- Are just learning to cook and want the basics!
- Are a seasoned home cook but want to learn healthier substitutions for some of your favorite recipes.
- Want a variety of healthy recipes from slightly adjusted versions of old classics, seasonal recipes, 30 minute recipes, and recipes using minimal ingredients.
- Want to learn more about nutrition and other aspects of health & wellness.
- Are interested in healthy eating or wellness and want some research based education.
- Want to learn more about better-for-you brands and the ones recommended by a Registered Dietitian.
- Want suggestions for supporting local and staying healthy in Austin, Texas.
- Have particular health goals whether to lose weight, prevent chronic illness, improve your quality of life and have more energy, or are using nutrition as part of treatment for a diagnosis.
My education and experience
I have been a Registered Dietitian for over 12 years now and I get asked questions about nutrition pretty often as you can imagine! This page is a place for me to answer questions for you and teach you through recipes and product recommendations how to incorporate healthy nutrition into your routine.
I graduated with my Bachelor of Science in Nutrition Sciences from Baylor University in 2005. Shortly after, I went on to complete my Dietetic Internship, a requirement to become a dietitian, at the Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences. I graduated from my internship in 2011 and passed the National Registered Dietitian Exam. I have studied all different aspects of nutrition. My experience includes clinical nutrition and industry nutrition working with food brands, retailers, and other industry leaders.
But you’re here because you have an interest in learning more about healthy living. And for some reason you ended up on this page with me (yay!). You have specific goals around your health, and I’m so excited to be one of your resources.
Why I started a website
Before you dig in, I want to give a quick intro about what you can expect to see on my page. Starting with why I made this page in the first place.
I have a lot of friends who are really trying to be healthier overall or lose weight but are confused about how to do so.
Friends who either
- Feel like they know what they need to do but can’t find the time or motivation.
- Have been trying different diets and nothing seems to work for whatever their health goal is.
- Think they eat healthy but I can see that what they are doing...whatever latest trend or diet they are following...is wreaking havoc on their body and isn’t actually healthy, even if they've lost some weight.
You probably wish you had a friend who could help answer questions you have and give you tips or advice on living healthier.
Someone who realizes that yes, healthy living is great. But you have competing priorities. And there's more to you and your life than just focusing on your wellness. You want to eat & be healthy, but you also want encouragement to enjoy life and indulge too. You don't just want to hear someone tell you to put more veggies on your plate or do more cardio. Or make it seem like having a healthy lifestyle means you're healthy 100% of the time.
Hint: it's totally not.
Spoiler alert: There's more to your wellness than eating healthy and getting exercise.
Maybe you need easy options that the kids will eat too, and you want to be healthy so you can have the energy to keep up with them. Or you need quick meals to eat when you have 20 minutes in the middle of your busy work day, but you also want to keep the weight off so you feel your best.
Whatever your situation, my page is a place you can come to for inspiration, education, and connection!
So thank you for being here! I know there are a lot of places you could find information online. Especially when it comes to health and wellness. I'm grateful you decided to come spend some time with me. 🙂
Take what you need and leave what you don't!
LOOKING FOR NUTRITION EDUCATION?
Here are some of my educational posts you may enjoy: